Happy New Year
By Steven S. Barer
February 9, 2018
We’re well into 2018 already, and our team is hard at work at Oak Bay Softrends.
We’ve been working on a host of interesting and challenging software projects in recent months; new ones, existing ones, and sometimes re‐visiting one’s that were originally built many years ago.
• creating a new FileMaker solution for the Air Cadet League of Canada
• re-visiting the solution at Harlings Jewellers after many years
• beginning a new solution for School District #49 in Hagensborg BC
• maintaining the solution at Cleantech Janitorial
• ongoing enhancements and improvements at BC Dairy Foundation
• streamlining administrative efficiency at Essential Nature Aromatherapy
• helping manage members & contracts at the BC Council of Film Unions
• continuing to enhance and expand the solution at Raven Rescue
• supporting and enhancing a solution at Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
• ensuring smooth order processing at Skana Forest Products
• rebuilding and extending an enormously complex solution at CHE Hockey
• and many more.
The team at Oak Bay Softrends has expanded this past year, and everyone is enjoying the collaboration and learning that comes with being a part of a dynamic team.
If you’d like to discuss what’s possible in your business, please contact us at
We wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2018.
Steven S. Barer